Selected Reading (18/07/10): Dick Whittington EditionJuly 18, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Posted in Misc. | 7 Comments
I’ll be down in London until Wednesday on my first house hunting reconnaissance mission. It’ll probably end in abject failure, but hopefully I’ll learn something about how to wander around a capital city without getting lost/mugged/kidnapped. In the mean time…
- Laurie Penny is very cross about the pointless humiliation of Caster Semenya.
- For those who’ve long suspected that Binyamin Netanyahu has never been interested in peace between the Israelis and Palestinians, now there’s even more damning evidence. Gideon Levy provides commentary.
- So did you hear that Nestle sent a barge up the Amazon to peddle junk food to Brazil’s poor? Well now they’ve gone and bettered it by fronting a ‘healthy kids’ program in China. You’ve gotta give ‘em points for cojones.
- Just to balance out the corporation bashing, let’s hear it for Unilever. Not only did the makers of Marmite acquiesce to mocking the BNP in an advert, but they then managed to ruin the party for trying to get its own back. Who needs Searchlight when you’ve got Marmite?!
- Another update from Mexico’s drug war. Don’t read it if you’re worried about blowing your high.
- Michael Tomasky on Obama & the Democrats’ spot of bother.
And that’ll be it for now. Catch you in a bit.