Hyperlink sorting officeJuly 15, 2008 at 7:21 am | Posted in Misc. | Leave a comment
Your secret of the day
- Just so we’re clear about how ahead of the times I am, I’d just like to point out that I was drinking cider long before it was fashionable. Trend-setter, that’s me.
- Alan Duncan, the Tories’ business spokesperson, stars in a serious of unfortunate incidents.
- Today is the 29th anniversary of Jimmy Carter’s ‘malaise’ speech, wherein he asked Americans to do the following:
I’m asking you for your good and for your nation’s security to take no unnecessary trips, to use carpools or public transportation whenever you can, to park your car one extra day per week, to obey the speed limit, and to set your thermostats to save fuel.
- Given the rising price of gasoline, how much better-off d’you suppose we’d all been if we’d listened to him the first time around?
- The bad thing about being really, really old great thing about being a ‘maverick’ politician is it’s perfectly okay to talk about present-day energy concerns in countries that don’t even exist anymore.
- Steve Bell is in typically scathing form (context here):
- Rowenna Davis is 22 years old. Worryingly, she seems wiser than all our politicians when it comes to knife crime.
- A song by Fleet Foxes. You know you’ve made a really good music video when it’s even fun to watch with the sound off