Selected Reading (Tuesday)January 13, 2009 at 8:24 am | Posted in Misc. | Leave a comment
Just on the off-chance I can’t write anything else today…
- On immigration, David Aaronovitch finds all three parties guilty of half truths or sheer ignorance
- Polly Toynbee is crazy about Labour’s ‘big idea’ for social mobility.
- George Monbiot is going to destroy Agas, outside heaters, and Brendan O’Neill
- Gideon Rachman reckons ‘Generation L’ faces a fearful future.
- A sub-Antarctic island is facing an ‘ecosystem meltdown‘ thanks to some quite ridiculous human mismanagement
- Conservative fans of the implausible, chest-beating terror flick 24 are convinced that Barack Obama’s election has turned Jack Bauer soft. Even though the new series was written and filmed before the election and Bauer still gets to torture ‘evil-doers’. The word ‘paranoid’ springs to mind.
- Nick Harris suggests ways to make snooker more interesting. Good luck with that.
- Q: So how’s that ‘Joe the Plumber as War Correspondent’ thing going? A: As badly as we all thought it would.
- Discussing the conflicts in both Gaza and South Ossetia, Daniel Larison produces some thoughts on Democracy & Responsibility.
- According to Ezra Klein, the Obama administration is unlikely to please anyone who wants to see good food policy.
- Looks like Christopher Hitchens is going to dedicate the next 8 years of his life to hunting the Clintons. Again.
- And it turns out that the Milk Way has 50% more mass than anyone previously thought.