Selected readingFebruary 10, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Posted in Misc. | Leave a comment
I AM going to write something this week. In fact, since I’ve just promised to write something, failure to follow through on it would turn me into a pariah in the eyes of my readers – all eight of you – and I don’t much fancy that. I’ve not been very attentive these past few days because I’ve been doing research for one or two more posts on prisons, so you can expect a real party atmosphere over the next couple of days. I’ll also try to write something on world events which is longer than three paragraphs. And makes sense. But until then:
- A staggering 3 million of us are at risk of malnutrition.
- Lib Dem Voice highlights the Tories’ secret desire to privatise education.
- Andrew Sullivan and OurKingdom both have interesting takes on the case of Binyam Mohamed. hilzoy is also a must-read.
- There’s some pretty ominous news about Privilidge Thulambo from her Facebook campaign (For latecomers, you can read the context here)
- Sara Robinson discusses a hate crime in Tennessee.
- Matt Yglesias ponders Greg Mankiw’s dream fiscal stimulus.
- Anton fisks Jacqui Smith
- Ben skewers Nick Cohen
- And if you’re thinking that you can blog your way to wealth & beauty, you might be in for a nasty shock….
…So maybe I should reconsider that promise to write something this week….