Selected readingMarch 18, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments
Other stuff I’ve seen today:
Apparently Britain really needs to kick the booze habit. Britain replies: “yeah, I’ll just get one more round in”.
Over at Refugee Council, there’s a simple, painless request: provide childcare during asylum interviews.
To solve university funding, the NUS proposes a tax on graduates.
Wired’s Danger Room on Russia’s “large scale re-arming.”
At FP, Will Inboden writes about how to get serious on Sudan.
- Aaron Rowe on how to make a solar cell with donuts & tea.
- Brad Plumer asks: can you have a green trade war?
- Via Jim, one Nigerian’s attempt at re-branding his country suffers a slight mishap.
- Myspace is streaming the new Pete Doherty album. Songs include such charming ditties as “A Little Death Around The Eyes”.
- Whilst we’re on the topic of cheery music, Popmatters reconsiders Radiohead’s ’90’s output.
- And lastly, a Russian ice cream maker is either racist or fond of hallucinogenics.
There’s a wee bit more at my link blog (hint: the sidebar to the left).