Selected readingMarch 25, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Posted in Misc. | Leave a comment
I have a Netcast up at Liberal Conspiracy in the ‘morrow, but there was quite a bit of overspill, so here’s stuff I also could’ve included:
- In The New Yorker, Atul Gawande has a magnificent essay on incarceration in America.
- Matthew Cain describes his experience as a shareholder in the democratic experiment that is Ebbsfleet United football club.
- Rejoice! The world might not end after all! Doomsayer extraordinaire Noriel Roubini kinda likes the Tim Geithner bank rescue plan.
- Megan at Jezebel tackles the shady practice of trolling for prostitutes on the internet.
- Stephen Walt asks: do the troops love Obama or hate him?
- Dave Neiwert on the grotesque stalker antics of Bill O’Reilly’s news team.
- Charles Homans writes about the story of Culture11, a now-defunct US conservative website which is much missed.
- Justin Fox & Jon Taplin point out that Paul Krugman isn’t God.
- At The Argument, Roseli Tardeli makes the Catholic case for condoms.
- The NYT’s Room For Debate blog discusses the legacy of Sylvia Plath.