Selected readingMay 8, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Posted in Misc. | 6 Comments
- James McIntyre discusses the effects of the British public’s sliding perception of politics.
- The Lib Dems’ party political broadcast is a pretty decent attempt to engage with voters.
- Roundhouse director Marcus Davey reckons the arts can help the young victims of this recession.
- Jonathan Derbyshire has a Q&A with human rights lawyer Phillipe Sands.
- Laura Rozen reports on the politics of Israel’s nuclear program.
- Juan Cole has a comprehensive round-up of news from Pakistan.
- Jessica Valenti hates Naomi Wolf’s sad stereotypes of feminists.
- At Feministe, Jill discusses Bristol Palin’s new role as an ambassador to reduce teen pregnancy.
- And in Haiti, 24% of children suffer from malnutrition. So what does the Haitian government do? Turn around a Mexican aid ship carrying 77 tons of food because of bogus fears about swine flu. Sigh. Some people…