Selected readingMay 9, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Posted in Misc. | Leave a comment
In the wake of the US’ bombing blunder in Afghanistan, Myra MacDonald writes about the civilians who get caught in the middle
- Pete Guither on how legalising drugs will diminish the bloody might of the black market.
- Meanwhile, President Obama isn’t going to lift the federal ban on needle exchange. Scott Morgan explains why it’s a maddening decision.
- Attention Star Trek fans; cloaking technology is now one step closer to reality! Now all we need is warp drive!
- Borut Grgic on the importance of Azerbajian.
- Stephen Walt on whether we should negotiate with the Afghan Taliban.
- For anyone who’s a fan of Conor Oberst, there’s a pretty nifty-looking documentary up at CauseCast.
- And just about the only person on Earth left defending Jacqui Smith is a satirist. Make of that what you will.