Selected Reading (15/06/09)June 15, 2009 at 8:49 pm | Posted in Misc. | 2 Comments
The Boston Globe has a round-up of the best pictures from the Iranian uprising.
- For the best news & analysis, you need only visit The Daily Dish. Andrew Sullivan’s been doing an incredible job using his site as a portal for everything from the minutae to the bigger picture. Just watch out for the occasional splattering of hyperbole.
- Back in Blighty, the elderly might have to pay £12,000 for the care they receive.
- Ben & Justin point out that the ‘independent inquiry’ into Iraq is just all kinds of wrong.
- Over at Ornicus, Sara Robinson issues an impassioned plea to the US right wing: put up or shut up.
- Great news for fans of potatoes: it seems the humble spud has played a vital role in the Iranian uprising.
- Pro-democracy activists have a new weapon in their arsenal: co-ordinated hacking of Iran’s government websites.
- Joshua Foust reminds us that Iran isn’t the only place which is rioting, and discusses the situation in Georgia.
- And Slate takes a look at how much money states might get if they legalised marijuana