Selected Reading (08/07/09)July 8, 2009 at 9:00 pm | Posted in Misc. | Leave a comment
David Wilson writes for Compass about prison reform.
- Promoting its work on the experiences of Muslim women, the JRF hosts an interesting series of videos.
- Also at the Rowntree Foundation, some interesting stuff on how people who have experienced poverty could squeeze their marginalised voices into a crowded media.
- Home Secretary Alan Johnson continues to shill for electoral reform.
- Scott Morgan praises Sen. Jim Webb’s work on reforming the war on drugs.
- Megan McArdle didn’t really dig the new Sasha Baron Cohen’s new flick.
- Simon Johnston makes the case for scrapping the G8.
- James Pinkerton writes about the failings of the Obama administration in trying to save the economy.
- And it’d be interesting to know what qualifies James Carville to be an adviser to Hamid Karzai’s opponent in the upcoming Afghan elections.