Selected Reading (20/08/09)August 20, 2009 at 10:44 pm | Posted in Misc. | Leave a comment
- Rahila Gupta on Britain’s immigration laws.
- Larry Elliott calls Tory economic policy an ‘incoherent mishmash of ideas designed by focus group’
- Stephen Walt critiques the assertion that Aghanistan is a ‘war of necessity‘.
- E.J. Dionne has an excellent column on the far-right hysteria surrounding Barack Obama.
- Meanwhile, Joe Klein argues that the GOP has become a party of nihilists.
- Epiphenom looks at the idea of religion as a civilising force.
- And Eric Michael Johnson explains why chimpanzees make bad suicide bombers.