Selected Reading (06/02/09)February 6, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Posted in Misc. | 11 Comments
Still not properly back yet, so here’s some more stuff from the past few days:
- Former Liberian President Charles Taylor, testifying at his own war crimes trial, says that Pat Robertson (yes, that one) was his man in Washington.
- Johann Hari on the hope from Haiti.
- Sunder Katwala continues to whack the Tories over their ‘Broken Britain’ meme.
- David Semple reminds us what a vile racist Tom Tancredo is.
- Every time I read Bloggerheads, I’m left thinking “goodness, the internet’s got some horrid people on it”.
- You’ve probably already seen this but it bears repeating: this ruling by Cherie Blair is a dozen different kinds of WTF.
- Lastly, a filmaker from California thought it’d be interesting to take photos of vans. The results are here.
Oh, and this place has a new theme. The image is by the scarily talented Ben Heine.
Anything I should be reading? Let me know in the comments. Trust me, I’ll welcome the distraction.