Selected Reading (09/08/10)August 9, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Posted in Misc. | 4 Comments
I’ll finally be moving my stuff down to London this weekend, so I’m afraid you may have to make do with a few more of these…
Mr Civil Libertarian offers his take on libertarianism.
BenSix argues that our overuse of ‘hate’ simply diminishes its meaning.
- The Guardian publishes one of Tony Judt’s final essays. The New York Review of Books also has a pretty extensive archive.
- Joe Klein charts the failure of an Iraq War he supported.
- Undeterred by their utter failure to kill gay marriage in California, Conservative groups are now training their fire on marijuana.
- Meanwhile, Ross Douthat tries to present a reasonable & humane case against gay marriage. Glenn Greenwald, Amanda Marcotte & Steve Benen all give him a good walloping.
- In the New Statesman, Ashley Sayeau looks at the Clinton era welfare reforms and worries about what they mean for Britain.
- And finally, for those of you who remember Warren G’s 1994 hit ‘Regulate’ but aren’t all too hip to the lingo, Wikipedia offers a wonderfully funny synopsis.